Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Remedies for Upset Stomach and Common Cold


Sugar & Spice and Everything Nice
 

Cold Remedy

By: Sadisha E.

I am feeling under the weather for a few days. Along the way I discovered some things about myself. Hopefully my tips will help you as well. For a couple of days I felt extremely nauseous. Yet the urge remained constant. Due to the chilly days I had a craving for hot chocolate.  Trader Joe’s sells a bitter hot chocolate power mix. This is very potent so I only used 1 spoonful of the powder. Mixed it with hot milk and drank it right away. Not only did it take the chill off my body I felt better. Throughout the day every time I felt sick I drank another cup. This trick actually worked so that I could go outside. It’s still a mystery why my stomach is so upset for days. Now I can eat and hold the food down and digest my food.
A few days into the severe upset stomach a cold developed. As the day progressed my nose began to run. Then my eyes were itchy and my chest is now congested. A friend told me to add a pinch of cayenne pepper into a hot cup of water. Not knowing what I would be in for I also added a spoonful of honey. I am aware that honey is a natural astringent inside and outside of the human body. To boost my immune system I took 1,000 mg of Vitamin C after every meal. Due to the stomach problems I really lost my appetite. Once I took the Vitamin C I became increasingly hungry suddenly.  This drink is spicy!

Result: the mixture opened up my sinuses and relieved my chest congestion.  Breathing is no longer a difficult task for me this evening.
My body felt wiped out from the illness. Soaking in Epsom Salt for 30 minutes in hot water felt invigorating. Magnesium is soaked in through our skin as we bath. Simultaneously removing built up toxins in our body. Thus, allowing the body to absorb nutrients internally easier. Achy joints were relieved by adding Tea Tree Oil (Trader Joe’s). For the first time in days I have been able to sleep thru the night.

The tried and true include: lemon and honey added to tea. This neat little trick not only hydrates; it's also an antiseptic for your throat.


Note: I tried the hot chocolate with water only at first and I felt better. Replacing the hot water with milk made all the difference in the world. My results had actually improved.

 
Step 1:  Hot Chocolate + Milk + 3 spoons of sugar = (drink)   Fix Upset Stomach
Step 2: Cayenne Pepper (pinch) + honey + Hot water = (drink)   Clear up Stuffy Nose

Step 3: Soak in Epsom Salt Bath for 30 minutes + 3 or 4 drops of Tea Tree Oil = Eliminates aches and pains

Warning: Cayenne pepper may cause you to sneeze and cough a little. Sip it slowly.
http://www.traderjoes.com/

Photo Credits: Sadisha E.

Thanks for reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment