Sunday, October 14, 2012

Revitalize Your Body Inside and Out

By: Sadisha E.
Epsom Salt Usages
 

          Earlier during the week my skin felt different to me. Dry would be the best way to describe the texture of my skin. I soaked in the bath and when I came out my skin still lacked something. So the next evening I soaked again. This time I prepared a batch of scrubbing sugar.  I mixed a little extra virgin olive oil with enough sugar to use all over my body. My batch was prepared as the tub filled.  Later I added a cup of Epsom Salt and a few drops of Lemon Oil.  If you are wondering why lemon…the scent lifts my mood.

 The Epsom drains the toxins and heavy metals from your body. It relaxes and soothes you to the core. Deeper sleep is generally achieved after use in addition to relieve from aches and pains.
 25 minutes into my soak I began to apply the sugar mixture to my skin. Starting with my feet I rubbed in a circular motion.  This method allows your body to remove excess layers of dead skin cells that just sit on top of your skin. Over time we always shed our skin. However, most people apply topical lotions, oils, and creams to skin. Look at it as if you were brushing your teeth. We want to remove the plaque buildup. The same goes for your skin. Exfoliation assists in bringing your newer skin to the surface so it can breathe.
 
If you don’t believe me try it for yourself. Exfoliate one side of your body. For example: your arm and hand.  Once you rinse feel the difference between your right and left arm.  Your exfoliated side will feel softer. I’ve also used coconut oil in the place of olive oil. My skin felt like a newborn afterwards. Removing dead skin cells improves your circulation. I definitely felt invigorated.
  
One of the rewards for utilizing the oil is there is no need to apply anything else to your skin. You can proceed with the day knowing your skin won’t feel dry, flaky or tight.

RESULT: On the following day I applied either lotion or coconut oil to my skin. This time there was improved absorption. My skin remained so supple for days.
This method may also be used to alleviate dry chapped lips. Apply to lips and rinse. You lips will immediately become smoother. NOTE: if your lips are cracked only use sugar. As you know salt will burn!

We can’t always afford to visit a spa. But, we can manage to pamper ourselves at home. Do it yourself for a fraction of the cost. An added benefit will be the money you saved which can go towards something you wanted to buy.  For example a new pair of shoes or an outfit!  J
 
Step 1: Fill the tub and add 1 cup of Epsom Salt (including a scent is optional)
Step 2: Prepare the bowl of sugar or salt and add extra virgin olive oil (or oil of your choice)

Step 3: Soak for 25 minutes, use 5 more minutes for exfoliation, and rinse.

P.S. Exfoliation goes a long way more than ever during the cold weather months. Don’t neglect your skin. Your skin will look young without paying thousands of dollars.
I hope this is useful information to my readers. Please feel free to leave any questions or comments or even suggestions. I would love to hear about your experiences as well! Especially if you tried what you learned from my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment